With all the design tools and AI-powered software, designing for even non-designers has become easier than ever before. However, some important elements and products of your business might still require a set of professional eyes and hands to help you stand out from the crowd. Here in this 99designs review, we will look at 99designs – what 99designs is, 99designs features, pro’s and con’s, and whether or not it is the right platform for you.
What is 99designs?
99designs makes it easy for you to have as many options available for you to choose from as possible. You simply fill out a short survey to let 99designs know what you’re looking for, then you’re connected with the 99desigsn community of designers, and you can hire a designer, or start a contest.
Nearly 10 million designs have been delivered through 99designs. 99designs can help you create professional logos, websites, book covers and just about any designs you need for your brand.
99designs provides a few different ways for you to have your projects done. You can hire a freelance designer one-on-one through starting a project and browsing through the designs that are available to you. 99desigsn’s interface is very simple and easy to navigate, allowing you to see the designers and their work in one place. You can simply post your project, invite a designer and collaborate with them through 99designs.
Another way to have your design created is through hosting a contest. A 99design content is where designers submit their ideas based on what you’re looking for and you get to pick your favourite design. It is unique because you can choose the right designs for you and find the designers that would work well with you and your vision.
They also have an amazing discovery platform, where you can go and see what designers are creating and take inspiration. If a design speaks out to you, you can contact the designer and potentially have them work on your project.
If you’re just starting out with your business and need help with branding your presence, 99designs provide a complete logo & brand identity pack that helps you create everything you need. Through hosting a content, you can get different design options presented for you to choose from.
How does 99designs work?
You can start by going to the 99designs category page, where you will get to choose what kind of design you’re looking for and see the approximate pricing.
Then you have the option to either hire a freelancer directly or start a contest. Some of the packages that 99designs offers only have the option to start a contest.
Then you can fill in all the details about your business, what you’re looking for and whether or not you have specific requirements.
Then you simply sit back and relax and have designs and designers creating what you need and what you’re looking for.
99designs offers a 100% money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the designs your contest receives.
- 99designs is a professional platform specifically for people looking for designers that can deliver outstanding products
- You get exposed to a lot of designers
- Incredible refund policy if you’re not satisfied with the results
- Great customer support to help you through any barriers or troubles
- The interface is incredibly easy to navigate
- 99designs monitors and contours the entire hiring process so you don’t have to worry
- You get to see the final results instead of blank promises
- You can start getting design submissions within 24 to 48 hours
- It depends on your budget but 99designs could seem costly when you compare with options to create the designs yourself or finding someone on Fiverr. However, in comparison to outsourcing to professional designers, 99designs is definitely more affordable with more guarantee that the work delivered to you is satisfactory.
- There could be a communication barrier since the designers are all over the world
If you need a logo made, don’t have the time to do your own design work, or aren’t comfortable with using a platform like Canva to make your own designs, 99designs can be a great alternative to outsource your work. Since they have so many designers, even if you don’t know what your finished design should look like hosting a contest can net you multiple solid options. The cost can be a barrier for entry, but if your time is much better spent somewhere else it might be well worth it.